Fab 5

Fab 5
The campbell crew

Monday, September 5, 2011

While I Wasn't Looking......

Farewell Summer of 2011! I am not sorry to see you end. It was a summer of sickness, surgeries, and sadness for us. Not every summer can be full of carefree, casual days and relaxing, restful nights. Some are spent not at Camden Yards but in our own yards, dealing with the curveballs that life throws at us and running bases for extra innings just to lose....
BUT some wonderful things happened while I wasn't looking! The first born bouncing baby boy turned 22 and became a grateful graduate of Elizabethtown College. The wild middle child lived the summer of his dreams at Ocean City MD and The cute little girl in the house transformed into a pretty pretean full of strong-willed personality and pleasure for her mother. The kitchen transformed from a gingham and laminate covered 80's special to a sleek, upscale, gorgeous culinary suite!  Had the time this summer been mine, I am sure that I would have perseverated over every little decision and detail. But with real life priorities consuming my time, the kitchen proceeded and turned out to be my dream kitchen just the same!

Love that wallpaper!

There is a huge wall in our way---
So very 1980's!

I still have to pinch myself! Is this my house?
The tile: Diagonal Don's Design
The Granite: Denise's pick...it was all about the movement for me!
Gorgeous work completed by WALL TO WALL CONSTRUCTION
We are enjoying the new kitchen so very much. The kitchen is absolutely the heart of the home for this Italian girl, and I have been baking and creating with a new vim and vigor! The old kitchen was just as great. I mean afterall, this was where I gave baby Allison her fast bath, where the boys tore open their college acceptance letters, where I sat and cried over many difficulties and also sat and laughed with family and friends at every birthday and holiday. As I look around, I let myself imagine what future adventures will fill this new space with memories and smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment